Sunday, January 6, 2008

Purler Bear's Yarn Emporium

Well, here it is, my first official blog entry. I thought I'd start with some knitting content, as the purpose of this blog is to have a record of my knitting progress.

I went on a bit of a yarn crawl this past weekend with Misstea. It was wonderful! I was in search of some laceweight yarn to make Juno. I love a nice deep red, and this is what I have in mind for Juno, but, alas, no red for me. I was hoping something would jump off a shelf and inspire me. Misstea has challenged me to knit this with her, and it will be my first try at lace knitting. I think it will be a lot of fun! I can't wait!

While I didn't find what I set out for on our little yarn crawl, I didn't come home empty handed. I really loaded up on the sock yarn! I took pictures of what I bought, so let's see if I can post them!

I picked this up at Wolsley Wardrobe. It's Hacho Colour #306, 100% Merino Wool from Peru. I see socks for mom. I hope she doesn't mind handwashing....



I also picked up some with myself in mind. This is Hacho Colour #308. I love it!



Next up are a couple of sock yarns I picked up from Ram Wool. These are both by Arequipa. These are superwash, so maybe a little better for gift giving... But I love the colours so much, they may just be more socks for me!
And last but not least (for the sock yarn, that is) I have a ball of Opal in a nice chocolate brown. Have I mentioned how much I love brown?



That concludes the sock yarn portion of my purchases! I also managed to pick up 5 skeins of Noro Silk Garden that has told me it would like to be a Clapotis. I look forward to starting that as soon as I finish my Wicked sweater!


Not bad for one afternoon and two little yarn shops? I think so. Our little yarn crawl ended at this wonderful little coffee shop in Wolsley where Misstea and I were able to knit and visit while surrounded by books! It was a great visit, and I'm looking forward to many more!
Whew... how's that for a first post?

1 comment:

Misstea said...

It is a very good first post. I have bookmarked your blog, and will be checking in often. When things get busy later on, it will be an excellent way to work through Juno. We just need Stitcherwitch to start a blog, now.

How do you get the pretty little boxes around your pictures? I haven't been able to figure that out (not that I've tried very hard).