Monday, January 21, 2008

Finished Object!

Okay, here it is! My first offical finished object post! This hat is from Candy Babies, and I totally fell in love with it. It is crochet and took me only 2 evenings to get it finished. I think it turned out great!



I took it to work last week and gave it to the mom to be, and she was SO happy with it. The day was filled with, "Oh my god, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen!" Very good for the knitter's ego... :P



I need to make a couple more, as my cousin is having a baby and a friend just told me Friday night she's having a baby. She's also ordered a baby blanket. I crocheted one for her when she had her daughter, and she says baby #2 needs one too! I will have to look for something unique!



I've also started another pair of socks. These are being knit with the Hacho I purchased from Wolsley Wardrobe on my yarn crawl a few weeks ago. I'm making the Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks.



So far I'm really enjoying the pattern! It's going quickly and I think it looks great. I'm not sure if these socks are going to be for me or maybe my mom or sister. I guess they will tell me when they decide. I need to learn to take better knitting pictures, but here's a close up anyways. I was hoping to get a clear shot of the details, but this will have to do.



Misstea has given me some advice about the sweater, so hopefully I can get going on that again soon. I'd like to wear it while it's still cold out! Maybe tonight I will pull it out again. I think I said that yesterday, but this time I really mean it... No, really... I do...

3 comments:

Misstea said...

Your hat is adorable! I want one like that for me...

Mel said...

yeah! Another blog to stalk :) At least we're not strangers! Love the hat and the embossed leaves in that color! I'm just finishing the heel of my first one but don't think I'll break the yarn...seems to weird....

Unknown said...

Yay im here!!! That hat is the cutest ever!! Looks great on that animal teehee. Can't wait for you to teach me how to make socks, those look great!!