Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Promised Pics

Well, I've got a few projects on the go! And finally, I have some pics. I've been working on the Pomatomus sock (notice not plural) for a long time now. This pattern has really been kicking my butt. I'm actually taking a break from it right now.





Up next is my Wicked sweater. I started this in May around the time I had my tonsils out. I just have to finish the sleeves and the pocket, but it's been neglected lately as well. I tried it on the other day, and it looks like i will have to taper the sleeves a bit. I need to rip back a few rows and start the decreases, but I've never done sleeves before, so I don't know how often to add the decreases in. As soon as I have some time to figure it all out, I will get right on it and finish right up!




I've also been having pocket issues. You see, the pocket is just too small. On my bigger body it will just look tiny (even though I made the bigger sized pocket), not to mention the fact that my hand wouldn't even fit into it! So I will frog the pocket and either try to resize it, or just finish up without it. Maybe I'll look at it this afternoon.

If I do this again I would also go down a needle size for the cables around the neck. I think they could be a little tighter. But all in all, not bad so far for my first sweater!

1 comment:

Misstea said...

I am scared of those socks. I've had the pattern printed out for months. Someday...

As for sleeve decreases, two decreases every five rounds seemed to work for me.